google authenticator and commercial otp

Cornelius Kölbel cornelius.koelbel at netknights.it
Wed Sep 23 19:14:46 CEST 2015

Hello Mike,

you are right, that a commercial supplier usually want to sell his
hardware tokens.
And if he can't sell his hardware tokens he even wants to sell his
smartphone apps. Yes, licenses per smartphone app in the vendors OTP
backend...

I though you would stick with otpd, which is rather lightweight.
If rlm_otp will be removed I am now suggesting a new solution for you.

I am into the development of privacyIDEA, which is an open source
project to provide a two factor authentication backend for not only OTP,
but also TiQR, SSH keys, x509, (future) Fido U2F...

It also provides a perl module to be used with FreeRADIUS rlm_perl, so
that you can connect it to the freeradius server.

Take a look here http://privacyidea.org and here
http://privacyidea.readthedocs.org. But it is not as lightweight as
otpd.

Kind regards
Cornelius

--
Cornelius Kölbel
cornelius.koelbel at netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel