help seeing more debugging EAP-TTLS handshake

Rohan Mahy rohan.mahy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:22:23 CEST 2015

Hi Alan,
Attached are the server cert (CN=wifi.remind.com), the CA cert (CN=Remind
CA), and the mobileconfig file.

- The CA cert is SHA256 and the server cert is SHA-1
- server cert has basic constraints CA false.  CA cert has basic
constraints CA true
- DH key is 1024
- The server cert DOES NOT have a SubjectAltName.  Do I need to do add one?
I'm used to using SubjectAltName in certs for HTTPS and IMAP where you are
matching the target domain, but I haven't been able to find a document that
says what to put in the CN/SubjectAltName for 802.1x.  I was originally
going to put the SSID name as a string, but I saw a vague example of a
domain name in an Apple guide where they mentioned wildcards.  Any
suggestions here?

Thanks,
-rohan