Freeradius with Kamailio integration

Marian Pandoranum marian.pandoranum at europemail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:39:50 CEST 2015

   Hello,

   I have a problem regarding the integration between Freeradius and
   Kamailio. In order to do that I followed this
   tutorial [1]http://www.kamailio.org/docs/openser-radius-1.0.x.html .
   Kamailio, radiusclient and freeradius are running on the same machine.
   My config files includes the following:
   /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf: ... modules { ... $INCLUDE sql.conf
                                                                 $INCLUDE
   ${confdir}/modules/  #here I have digest module
                                                           }
   /etc/raddb/dictionary: ... $INCLUDE
   /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary.kamailio ...
   /etc/raddb/clients.conf  .... client localhost {... ipaddr =
   127.0.0.1,.....secret=mysecret......}
   In /etc/raddb/sql.conf I have set database to postgresql, server
   =localhost,......
   /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default : authorize{...
                                                                       sql

   digest.....
                                                                     }
                                                      authenticate{...

   digest....

   }
                                                      accounting{....

   sql.....
                                                                       }

   /etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf: authserver and acctserver =
   localhost
                                                            seqfile =
   /var/run/kamailio_radius.seq     -----> should I have something set
   here !?
   /etc/radiusclient-ng/servers: localhost mysecret ---> Also, I've tried
   127.0.0.1 mysecret   ---> the result is the same

   /usr/share/radiusclient-ng/dictionary:  $INCLUDE
   /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary.kamailio

   /etc/kamailio/dictionary.freeradius
   and /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary.kamailio are the same.

   I am using auth_radius module in kamailio.cfg but when I am running
   radiusd -X i can't see any requests from Kamailio.
   Also, I am using radclient command like in the above link...and
   everything it's OK. I am receiveing :
code 2, length = 45
        Reply-Message = "Hello, test with digest"

   Did I miss something in the configuration process ?

   Thank you for any help you can provide !