rlm_perl does not honor start_servers?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 1 17:54:00 CEST 2016

On Apr 1, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
> I have almost a complete rlm_lua implementation, there just doesn't seem to be a demand for it.

  I would recommend it over Perl or Python.

> The marshalling/unmarshalling code in rlm_perl and rlm_python is complete garbage, the stuff I wrote for rlm_lua does everything on the fly as attributes are read from and written to.

  Which is much better.

> I expect marshalling rlm_python could be improved, but I hold out little hope for the steaming pile of filth that is Perl.

  If rlm_lua is in 3.1, I would mark Python and Perl as deprecated.  "Use at your own risk".

  The nice thing about Perl is CPAN.  It has so many libraries that it's insanely useful.  The sad thing about Perl is that compiling 100K of code from CPAN is slow.