Re: disconnect Error-Cause = Unsupported-Extension‏

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 4 18:18:02 CEST 2016

On Mar 28, 2016, at 4:03 AM, Syed Jahanzaib <aacable79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using FR 2.1.10 with Mikrotik 6.34.4

  You should really use 2.2.9.  It won't fix this issue, but it will fix other ones.

> COA is working fine and Bandwidth change on the fly working ok. I can
> disconnect client using radclient as well from cli
> but disconnect user via update disconnect in FR gives following error:
>
> Sending Disconnect-Request of id 7 to 101.11.11.255 port 3799
>        User-Name = "zaib"
>
> rad_recv: Disconnect-NAK packet from host 101.11.11.255 port 3799, id=7,
> length=42
>        Error-Cause = Unsupported-Extension
>        NAS-Identifier = "MikroTik"

  That message is coming from the Mikrotik NAS.

  Consult the Mikrotick NAS documentation to see what it needs in the Disconnect-Request.

  Then, configure FreeRADIUS to send the required attributes in the Disconnect-Request.