freeRadius instance without Authentication for Accounting

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Apr 5 22:36:31 CEST 2016

> On 5 Apr 2016, at 16:12, liran kessel <lirankessel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in setting up an instance of freeRadius that will receive cloned data from a Radius Server in a telco operator environment.
> The purpose of the server is for us to be able to collect usage data and load it into our Datastore for analysis and BI.
> can anyone assist me in how I would set up the server once installed to prevent the server from performing authentication ,and accepting all messages.

Assuming these are Access-Requests (and not accounting requests).

authorize {
	<database module>

	do_not_respond
}

If they're Accounting-Requests you can use the same policy (do_not_respond).

> In addition we need to load the usage data info received initially into csv files that can then be loaded in to both a relational database (Oracle) and a NoSql (MongoDB) environment?

You mean write the usage data to csv files? See the linelog module.

> Lastly is there a way to configure filtering of what messages are saved and logged? filtering would be needed to be performed by certain fields in the message ,

man unlang

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team