Multiple instances of custom module

Richard Levenberg richardl at ufp.com
Fri Apr 8 05:05:58 CEST 2016

I have a custom module that is working perfectly with FreeRADIUS. I am
now interested in creating multiple instances of the module for
different NAS's that might be connecting via RADIUS. So from what I
gather I can use unlang's switch statement in both the authorize and
authenticate sections of the config file like so:

authorize {
.
.
   switch &request:NAS-IP-Address {
       case "192.168.1.100" {
           customer1
       }
       case “192.168.1.110” {
           customer2
       }
               case {
                        reject
.
.
}

authenticate {
.
.
   Auth-Type CUSTOM {
       switch &request:NAS-IP-Address {
           case "192.168.1.100" {
               customer1
           }
           case “192.168.1.110” {
               customer2
.
.
}

So my questions are 1) is that the correct way to address multiple
instances and 2) is the default case of reject in the authorize section
the appropriate way to limit things to the defined instances?