freeradius 3.0.4 CentOS 7.2 AD

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 8 13:00:41 CEST 2016

On Apr 8, 2016, at 4:15 AM, Hubert Kupper <kupper at uni-landau.de> wrote:
> we have freeradius 3.0.4 on a centos 7.2 machine with ldap authentication against edirectory running for a long time. Now we want to authenticate against AD. We followed the intructions on http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
>
> ntlm_auth returns: NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0). Radiusd -X returns the following error:
>
> /etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize[1]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Unknown value 'ntlm_auth' for attribute 'Auth-Type'
>
> What is the reason?

  It means you're not following the guide.

  The error message is pretty clear.  The DEFAULT entry you added at the start of the "authorize" file doesn't work.

  Why?  Because you didn't add an ntlm_auth entry in the "authenticate" section, as documented in the guide.

  Follow the guide.  Every step.  Don't skip steps.