mod_auth_radius not asking for username/password

Süleyman Kuran skuran at ayk.gov.tr
Fri Apr 8 16:13:22 CEST 2016

Hi there,

I am on Centos 7
httpd 2.4
mod_auth_radius 1.5.8
My virtual host file is as follows:

apache is not asking for username/password after 1 failed radius auth
attempt. After 1 failed auth, Unauthorized page appears and if I refresh
the page (F5) previous failed credentials are sent to the radius server
without popping up a window asking for username/password. If login is OK
the page is authorized. But if not, the user will have to wait for the
popup window until the session is timed out.

if apache is configured for basic auth with htpasswd file. It asks for
the password after failed login as expected.

Nothing is logged in apache error log.

Is anybody having an idea  about whats going on?

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
AddRadiusAuth freeradius_ip:1812 my_secret 5:3
AddRadiusCookieValid 60
<Location />
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Please login"