rfc6929 "tlv" type question

Vereecke, Katrien (Nokia - BE) katrien.vereecke at nokia.com
Tue Apr 12 15:47:40 CEST 2016

Hello,

The RFC6929 states that "tagged" attributes must not be used in the extended-space, in stead "tlv" data types should be used.
( 6.4 Design Guidelines for the New Types
"tagged" attributes MUST NOT be defined in the
     Extended-Type space.  The "tlv" data type should be used instead to
     group attributes.)

With the extended format, can we indicate in the dictionary that certain attributes belong to different
tlv attributes, similar as the tagged functionality before?

e.g
BEGIN-VENDOR    Alcatel-IPD format=Extended-Vendor-Specific-3
ATTRIBUTE Alcatel-IPD-Ext-3-TestAttr-40          40   tlv
ATTRIBUTE Alcatel-IPD-Ext-3-TestAttr-50          50   tlv
ATTRIBUTE Alcatel-IPD-Ext-3-TestAttr-1           1 integer  => I want to indicate
that this attribute Alcatel-IPD-Ext-3-TestAttr-1 is aswell part of Alcatel-IPD-Ext-3-TestAttr-40 and
Alcatel-IPD-Ext-3-TestAttr-50 without having to duplicate and give another attribute name??
END-VENDOR      Alcatel-IPD

Similar as with the "tags" we want to be able to indicate that the same attribute can be received
in the access-accept but with different tag.
How can we achieve this behavior with the tlv extended attribute type without having to
define different attribute-names for 40.1 and 50.1?

Thanks,
kind regards,
Katrien.