strongSwan + FreeRadius DHCP pool

Laurens Vets laurens at daemon.be
Fri Apr 15 01:26:08 CEST 2016

Hello list,

I'm trying to setup a strongSwan VPN solution with Freeradius. The plan
is to have Freeradius authenticate users from a MariaDB database and
give out ip addresses as well from the DB. The authentication part works
fine. Users are authenticated and can make a connection, but DHCP is not
working.

What I've done is the following:
- Add mods-config/sql/ippool-dhcp/mysql/schema.sql to the DB.
- Enable the dhcp and dhcp_sqlippool mods.
- Add dhcp_sqlippool to sites-available/default.
- Configured sites-enabled/dhcp.

I'm running Freeradius 3.0.11 on Debian 8.

Is there anything I should be doing? Did I miss something obvious?

Thanks in advance!