Monitoring connectivity to authentication

Lovaas,Steven Steven.Lovaas at ColoState.EDU
Wed Apr 20 16:48:39 CEST 2016

Hello, all

Planning an upgrade from 2.2.x to 3.x this summer, but I wanted to start tracking some statistics now so I have evidence of any performance change when we make the move.

I've enabled the status server, and can query it with radclient for some good information on auth and proxy traffic.

I also enabled the average response time for proxied requests, via the "historic_average_window" statement in home servers.

Both of these are working great.

Is there a similar capability to monitor statistics (ideally including response time) for FreeRADIUS interactions with an AD back end?

Thanks,

Steve Lovaas

Colorado State University