FreeRADIUS no longer authenticating domain clients following spplication of RHEL5 package updates yesterday morning

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 20:12:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Yesterday the following package updates were applied to our main RHEL5
> FreeRADIUS server after which it was successfully rebooted:

since that version of SAMBA is generally sane...and CentOS 5 is old (I'm surprised
there are still updates....)

sounds like winbind_privileged issues....you can either change group of that directory
(contains the pipe file) to eg radiusd (to match group of your radiusd process) , or add radiusd user to the
wbpriv group

...as , naughty naughty, installation of samba adjusts file permissions set by an admin in the post-install
phase (bad RH people.....).

/var/lib/samba for the winbindd_privileged directory

PS move to 3.1.x on CentOS7 with SAMBA 4.3 install - you can then use native winbind connections
and avoid this ntlm_auth issue

alan