user defined in mysql table radcheck fails wtih "No "known good password", and radpostauth updated successfully but still empty

Dustin S dsoodak at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 23:33:52 CEST 2016

On Apr 22, 2016, at 3:30 PM, Dustin S via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

>> already changed the user file entry to "hello1", and the radtest works fine with bob/hello1. It just stops working when I change to using sql.

 > Your SQL entry is wrong.

>>> | id | username | attribute | value    | op |
>>> |  4 | bobsql  | Password  | hello1  | := |

>  Why "Password"?  The documentation and examples for the last 10+ years have said to use "Cleartext-Password".

Thanks!
About half the websites I visited used "Password". It has been really confusing as a first time user since many files have slightly different names and locations than in my version (Ex: "/etc/raddb/sql.conf" settings are found in "/etc/freeradius/mods-available/sql") .
>  Reading the SQL documentation in the Wiki would get you the same information.

>  Alan DeKok.
When I installed daloradius, it made everything work (it also seems to have already changed the entry to "Cleartext-Password"), but when I tried it again today, it went back to the way it was (not working, and with the same symptoms).
Dustin Soodak
p.s.  How do you respond to posts so that your reply shows up in the on-line archive?