freeradius 2 certificate compatibility issue with ubuntu 14.04

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Apr 30 15:26:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

> p.s.: using v2 since v3 isn't supported on Ubuntu yet. After a full week of trying both the unofficial release and attempting to compile it myself, I realized that I don't know anywhere near enough about freeradius to debug it properly.

v3 is supported on Ubuntu  - I've installed it on 14.x, 15.x and 16.x servers.

its just not supported *BY* Ubuntu because they spend their time messing around
with stupid desktop changes and the like....  :/

installing it (version 3) yourself is quite easy - scripts are provided. just ensure theres
no v2 stuff lying around at all (you DO have to have more skills if wanting to run
v2 AND v3 on the same server....  ;-)

if you want to have the nearest to not self-building then:

https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable-3.0

and here:

http://networkradius.com/freeradius-packages/

theres really no reason to carry on with v2

alan