FR3 RadSec for Eduroam (esp. Germany & DFN servers)

Philipp Trenz mail at philipptrenz.de
Mon Aug 15 11:22:37 CEST 2016

Hi there,

my name is Philipp Trenz, I'm student at the University of Applied
Science Harz and work there at the datacenter. I'm charged with updating
the EDUROAM wifi auth infrastructure and searching for experiences with
the RadSec implementation in FreeRadius3 in cooperation with the
radius-servers of the German DFN or in general.
I heared of different voices. At
https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/freeradius3-flr it says FR3 can
replace third party software like RadSecProxy, but I also heared that
the implementation does not work that fine.

At the moment it's going to be FreeRADIUS 3.0.4 on a RHEL7.2, but also
could go up to the latest stable release, if this would fix issues.

I'd be very glad to hear some of your experiences!

Best regards,
Philipp Trenz