FR3 RadSec for Eduroam (esp. Germany & DFN servers)

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 11:32:19 CEST 2016

Hi,

> I heared of different voices. At
> https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/freeradius3-flr it says FR3
> can replace third party software like RadSecProxy, but I also heared
> that the implementation does not work that fine.

documentation is always historical.... that was probably based
on early implementations.....

> At the moment it's going to be FreeRADIUS 3.0.4 on a RHEL7.2, but
> also could go up to the latest stable release, if this would fix
> issues.

3.0.4 is old and creaky, containing many random bugs.   I would recommend
that you use the recent 3.1.x - thus getting yourself ready for the
3.2.x stable release and having all latest features but not bleeding
edge 4.x stuff.    if you must have 3.0.x then use 3.0.11 (or 3.0.12
when that slips out) - but be aware that it'll be legacy release
when 3.2 arrives.

what RADSEC features do you want?  if you chat with your NRO in DFN they'll
give you their advice....as there are other things they may expect
or wnat you to do....

alan