Freeradius incorrect acctstoptime

Sachin Yadav sachin0235 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 05:01:16 CET 2016

Hi Alan,
Thank you for your reply. I have ran freeradius in debug mode and closely inspected each packet. No NAS is sending accounting stop packet incorrectly (At least it is not getting printed in logs).<br/>
We do not have simultaneous user check or any SQL counter active. I will check for option C, mentioned by you. What i have observed(and mentioned earlier) there is an update query which may be the culprit.
It is updating acctstop time for all records where nasipaddress   =  '192.168.182.1' and acctstoptime is null. This results in mass update of all such records. All openwrt nas have nasipaddress as 192.168.182.1 and hence the incorrect result.<br/>
Could you please tell me what executes this query? In the mean time i will try and log all SQL queries.
Thanks a lot!!

    On Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:15 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

 On Dec 10, 2016, at 2:22 AM, Sachin Yadav via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> We have a large deployment of about 600 NAS (mixed openwrt/mikrotik/others). I have noticed that for some records, incorrect acctstoptime was marked while user session was still going on and accounting was happening.

  FreeRADIUS doesn't invent accounting packets.  You have a few choices:

a) your NAS is incorrectly sending accounting "stop" packets for sessions which are ongoing

  - rare, but not impossible.

b) something else is writing to the DB and setting acctstoptime

  - maybe you have Simultaneous-Use checking configured, and it's going wrong?

c) you've configured the server to write stop times for non-stop packets

  - possible, but not common.

> Or there may be some mis-configuration as our end. Kindly let me know.

  Log all SQL queries, and all accounting packets.  Then, see which ones update acctstoptime.  And find out why...