Freeradius 3.0.12 - Cisco EAP-Fast Supported?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 16 00:41:28 CET 2016

On Dec 15, 2016, at 4:54 PM, Kevin Morrison <kmorrison at vectorusa.com> wrote:
> I worked with my network engineer today and we were able to confirm that PEAP works to authenticate, but when changed over to EAP-FAST, it fails as before.

  That's an issue then.

> I have a debug log of PEAP working and then EAP-FAST failing, however, it is pretty dang large at over 4k lines in Notepad++.  I am attaching the text file, with some information changed to protect internal names, MAC addresses, etc.
>
> I am extremely grateful for whatever help you can render me.

  EAP-FAST is more than a bit magical.  We've tested it with a bunch of equipment.  But if it fails in the MS-CHAP calculation.. then something bad is going wrong.

  FreeRADIUS has been doing MS-CHAP for almost 20 years.  If that calculation fails, then either the other end is buggy, or the password really is incorrect.