VLAN Assignment with RADIUS

Valentin Heidelberger heidelberger at univention.de
Thu Dec 22 16:35:25 CET 2016

Hey everyone,

I am trying to do the following with RADIUS

There is 1 AP with 2 SSIDs - lets cal them "B" and "P"

I want RADIUS to assign VLAN20 to "P" and VLAN40 to "B"

I have found no other method online than configuring static users in the
users file with VLANs assigned to them. In my setup users are
authenticated with LDAP. Do I really have to assign every single user
the VLAN or is there a simpler way like assigning the VLAN to a virtual
server running on a different port or something focussed on the SSIDs?

Kind regards