Unknown or invalid value "Crypt-Local" for attribute Auth-Type"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 30 10:47:31 CET 2016

On Dec 30, 2016, at 8:56 AM, Christoph Schwabl <christoph.schwabl at gmx.at> wrote:
>   I am currently trying to upgrade from freeradius 1.x (which is running
>   for about 10 years) to freeradius 3.0.12.
>   The freeradius is used for shell access to Cisco routers.
>   In the debug it is possible to see the reason. Rejects because of:
>   "(0) sql: ERROR: Error parsing value: Unknown or invalid value
>   "Crypt-Local" for attribute Auth-Type"

  Don't set Auth-Type.

  In v3, the server just figures it out.  So long as you're using a reasonably stock configuration.

  i.e. look at the uses of the "pap" module in raddb/sites-available/default.  There are comments which explain what it's doing, and why.

  It's best to start with the v3 config, and then gradually change it to match your old configuration.  Starting from scratch with an empty configuration is not recommended.