WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 30 14:18:45 CET 2016

On Dec 30, 2016, at 5:40 AM, Narender Yadav <narender.yadav at mojonetworks.com> wrote:

> Regarding password, it is always "\010\n\r\177INCORRECT ". I have tried with
> passwords i.e. 'abc123', 'welcome', 'test123'.

  You have a PAM module which is run before pam_radius_auth.  That first module is checking the password locally, and when it's wrong, is setting the password to the "INCORRECT" string.

  Fix your PAM configuration so that it only does RADIUS password checking.

  i.e. this is a PAM problem.  Nothing you do to FreeRADIUS will fix a PAM problem.