Example process flow?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 10:23:33 CET 2016

Hi,

> I was wondering if there was an example of typical radius process flow
> and interactions with the config file and modules anywhere?  That is:

packet arrives...goes to the virtual server its been told to in clients.conf
(or default if none set). ...and then the packet goes through the virtual-server exactly
as written in the default configs - yes, start from top and go through...as each
module is hit (eg 'pap', or 'ldap') those modules are called and packet checked.

you can see all of this directly for yourself when running the server in debug mode

radiusd -X

nothing is hidden :-)

alan

> Accounting records
>   Accounting-Start
>   Interim-Update
>   Accounting-Stop

NAS sends those packets....the RADIUS server handles them

alan