segfault calling rc_auth()

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Wed Feb 3 15:31:13 CET 2016

On 03-02-16 15:16, dev wrote:
> Thank you. I came across that bug report too. Tried both "0" and "1" for
> radius_deadtime but it made no difference in my case.
>
> I've cloned the code from github and built it using:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeradius-client-git
>
> seems to be a problem with read_rc_config() now. It's returning NULL.

rc_read_config, I assume. read_rc_config does not occur in the source.

> strace shows radexample doing this:
> open("/usr/local/freeradius-client-git/etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf",
> O_RDONLY) = 3
>
> That file does exist and is a copy of my production radiusclient.conf.

Yes, that file exists and is opened. The return value here (= 3) is the
file descriptor returned by the open syscall.

> What could be the problem here?

There are a number of reasons why rc_read_config may return NULL. Most
of the add a logmessage. Otherwise, use something like gdb to step
through the program, this will give more useful information than strace.

--
Herwin Weststrate