Error in my EAP-TLS config since 3.0.11

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Feb 6 15:09:50 CET 2016

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 6:46 AM, Jannis Pinter via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I use FreeRADIUS 3.0.11 on Arch Linux (ARM). Since I've updated
> FreeRADIUS from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 I'm unable to start the FreeRADIUS server.
>
>>  # Instantiating module "eap" from file /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap
>> /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap[17]: Failed to find 'Auth-Type EAP' section.  Cannot authenticate users.
>> /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap[17]: Instantiation failed for module "eap"

  You have an "eap" module, but not "eap" listed in any "authenticate" section.

  This is a misconfiguration which was allowed in older versions.

  The EAP module *must* be listed in "authenticate" for it to work.  It can also be listed in the "authorize" section.

  You've probably configured an "eap" module, but then aren't using it anywhere.  So the question is, what are you doing?  Why do you have an "eap" module, but no "eap" in "authenticate" ?