ldap configuration & the mysterious filter ="(uid=%u)"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 9 21:48:00 CET 2016

On Feb 9, 2016, at 3:30 PM, Walter Moore <moorewr at eckerd.edu> wrote:

  And... he emailed me repeatedly off-list with more complaints.

  He's been unsubscribed from the list, and banned.

  To be clear: people who follow instructions will get helped.  People who ask good questions will get helped.

  People who get upset that someone *dared* to tell them they made a mistake will get told "stop complaining, follow instructions, or get banned".

  I dislike banning people.  I had an unofficial "no ban" policy for the first 10 years of running this list.  However, the sheer number of people who prioritize complaining over fixing problems became unsustainable.

  No reasonable adult should get upset at being told "You made a mistake, go back and fix it."  As such, unreasonable adults are removed from this list.