If you need to set "synchronous = no"

apopov at cybervisiontech.com apopov at cybervisiontech.com
Fri Feb 12 16:27:49 CET 2016

>  No.
>  It means that FreeRADIUS doesn't respond to the client until the home server has responded to FreeRADIUS.
> And if you're looking at synchronous versus asynchronous configuration... you're using a *very* old version of the server.  Upgrade to a supported version.

Next lines from v3.1.x/raddb/proxy.conf confused me:
#  In 2.0, the server is always "synchronous", and setting
#  "synchronous = no" is impossible.

Just to be sure that I understood this correctly:
Proxy can receive multiple requests from client and send it to server without waiting for server  response, is it correct?

Client     Proxy     Server
  |  -Req1-> |         |
  |          | -Req1-> |
  |  -Req2-> |         |