Linelog and \n escaping.

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Sat Feb 13 07:51:12 CET 2016

I've used linelog in 2.x for a while where I set a number of temp VSAs and
have in my mod config format="%{MSG1}\n{MSG2}"

I see now in 3 that they get escaped.

Any thoughts about supporting escape characters in config but not in VSAs.

I saw a thread from December 2014 but checking the code in 3.0.10 it seems
nothing has made its way into the code.

I'm tempted to just comment out the code. But understand the reasons for it
being there and unintended consequences.

Any thoughts about an effective logging module that supports logging multi
line messages?