group_attribute is never put in (Freeradius 3.0.10)

Luescher Claude stargate at tango.lu
Mon Feb 15 11:34:21 CET 2016

 Hello list,

 I have spent quite a lot of time on trying to figure out this issue. In
 the sql query config I have:

         group_attribute = "Sql-Group" # Freeradius 3.x default, this
 does not work either

         authorize_group_reply_query = "SELECT id, groupname, attribute,
 value, op \
               FROM ${groupreply_table} \
               WHERE groupname = '%{${group_attribute}}' \
               ORDER BY id"

 Here the enumerated group never gets put in so I get:

 (0) sql_config: EXPAND SELECT id, groupname, attribute, value, op
         FROM radgroupreply                WHERE groupname =
 '%{Sql-Group}'                ORDER BY id
 (0) sql_config:    --> SELECT id, groupname, attribute, value, op
         FROM radgroupreply                WHERE groupname = ''
      ORDER BY id
 (0) sql_config: Executing select query: SELECT id, groupname,
 attribute, value, op                FROM radgroupreply
 WHERE groupname = ''                ORDER BY id

 If I make a query with the static variable value (the real group of the
 user) then it works of course. I have tried now all possible variations
 SQL-Group, sql-group etc.

 Also the:

         group_attribute = "Sql-Group" # Freeradius 3.x default, this
 does not work either

 should be defined in the main sql.conf which is loaded first by the
 server but if I put it there then my custom sql section does not see it.
 Why is that?

 Thanks