Juniper ERX Dictionary and missing tagged VSAs

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Wed Feb 17 14:53:02 CET 2016

Just spent the last few hours scratching my head about why something was
working fine with a different Radius provider and not with FreeRadius.

It seems the standard dictionary.erx doesn't include the has_tag for a
number of VSAs.

As per:
https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos114/radius-dictionary/unisphereDictionary_for_JUNOS_v11-4.dct

#     please note that tunnel attributes (8, 9, 33, 35, 39 - 41)
#                 and service attributes (65 - 69) may be tagged
I'm just wondering with 3.0.x has the ERX dictionary in it, without the
has_tags on VSA 8 & 9

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/share/dictionary.erx

Yet the Unisphere dictionary in 3.1.x does:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.1.x/share/dictionary.unisphere

ATTRIBUTE Unisphere-Tunnel-Virtual-Router 8 string has_tag
ATTRIBUTE Unisphere-Tunnel-Password 9 string has_tag

Serves me right for not going for 3.1.. :/