How to add VAP based on LDAP group membership

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 19 13:14:16 CET 2016

On Feb 19, 2016, at 6:01 AM, Thomas Stather <Thomas.Stather at mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de> wrote:
> I tried this in "post-auth" section:
>

>       if ("%{redundant_ldap:///ou=hosts,dc=testdomain,dc=de?macAddress?sub}" == %{Calling-Station-Id}) {

  That isn't an LDAP URL.

> (12)       if ("%{redundant_ldap:///ou=hosts,dc=testdomain,dc=de?macAddress?sub}" == %{Calling-Station-Id}) {
> (12)       ERROR: String passed does not look like an LDAP URL
> (12)       ERROR: String passed does not look like an LDAP URL

  Yup.  The LDAP client code doesn't think it's an LDAP URL.

> What am i doing wrong?

  You're not passing an LDAP URL to the LDAP query.  I would have thought the message was pretty clear.

  Read the LDAP documentation to see what an LDAP URL looks like.  A simple google search for "ldap url" yields lots of documentation.

  All of which says you need a hostname.