How to add VAP based on LDAP group membership

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Feb 19 13:58:10 CET 2016

Hi,

> I still don't get it sorry :(

> ldap:///ou=hosts,dc=testdomain,dc=de?macAddress?sub?macAddress=%{Calling-Station-Id}}

There is no hostname in that string. Which server do you want to ask?
You should tell the server that tiny bit of information.

In most protocols, the hostname comes after the first two slashes, like in

ldap://hostname.example/...

The first hit for "ldap url" on DuckDuckGo brought to this page:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/jndi/tutorial/ldap/misc/url.html

and I'm sure there are hundreds of pages on the net with that same
information.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

> {
>          update reply {
>             Aruba-User-Vlan = "200"
>          }
> }
>
> But the error message is the same. What do you mean with "all needs a
> hostname"? The "redundand_ldap" is configured as:
>
>    redundant redundant_ldap {
>       ldap1
>       ldap2
>    }
>

> Best,
> Thomas
>
> Am 19.02.2016 um 13:14 schrieb Alan DeKok:
>> On Feb 19, 2016, at 6:01 AM, Thomas Stather
>> <Thomas.Stather at mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de> wrote:
>>> I tried this in "post-auth" section:
>>>

>>>        if
>>> ("%{redundant_ldap:///ou=hosts,dc=testdomain,dc=de?macAddress?sub}"
>>> == %{Calling-Station-Id}) {
>>    That isn't an LDAP URL.
>>> (12)       if
>>> ("%{redundant_ldap:///ou=hosts,dc=testdomain,dc=de?macAddress?sub}"
>>> == %{Calling-Station-Id}) {
>>> (12)       ERROR: String passed does not look like an LDAP URL
>>> (12)       ERROR: String passed does not look like an LDAP URL
>>    Yup.  The LDAP client code doesn't think it's an LDAP URL.
>>
>>> What am i doing wrong?
>>    You're not passing an LDAP URL to the LDAP query.  I would have
>> thought the message was pretty clear.
>>
>>    Read the LDAP documentation to see what an LDAP URL looks like.  A
>> simple google search for "ldap url" yields lots of documentation.
>>
>>    All of which says you need a hostname.
>>
>>    Alan DeKok.
>>

>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See