Cached attributes

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Feb 24 12:48:36 CET 2016

We're still struggling with an ongoing problem to get the caching
behaviour we want with FreeRADIUS 3.1.x.

With a resumed session, we want to know the User-Name from the inner
tunnel. What's the recommended way to do this?

With the config we're running (based on the sample config files in the
3.1.x branch in git to enable the tls-cache server) and various calls to
stuff attributes in session-state, the session-state can't be grabbed
back in the outer post-auth, which is where the decision about user VLAN
is made. In packet 13 you can see the inner User-Name is undefined.

Any help figuring out our probably-simple mistake would be greatly
appreciated.

Full debug including server startup and two authentications - the first
not resumed, the second is resumed: http://pastebin.com/Ey0PAVBY

Sorry about the pastebin - I know that this debug log will be too big to
be accepted by the mailing list server.

Thanks,
Jonathan