upgrade freeradius vom 2.1.12 to 3.0.x

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 25 10:56:52 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Mathieu Simon (Lists)
<matsimon.lists at simweb.ch> wrote:

> Am 25.02.2016 um 10:26 schrieb Herwin Weststrate:
>> On 25-02-16 10:11, Kiefer, Jonas wrote:
>>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/freeradius-config.postinst: 23: /var/lib/dpkg/info/freeradius-config.postinst: make: not found
>>
>> It looks like it requires the make executable, but it is not available
>> on your system. Installing the package "make" should fix that.
>>
>> In theory, an installation should not depend on this, but that's another
>> story.
> Yes, this is fixed in 3.0.11 and onwards (I made the pull request after
> discovering this when I started building snapshot packages for Debian.
>
> Installing make fixes the package installation process. I hope Fajar
> gets the time to upload 3.0.11 to the Ubuntu PPA in the near future. :-)

I was a bit worried when I read this:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/3-0-11-update-broke-my-PEAP-td5739165.html
@Mathieu, do you experience similar issue, or is it a
rare-to-encounter situation?

On a side note, @Jonas, ppa:freeradius/stable-3.0 mostly use whatever
build recipe is available upstream. If you want to build your own
packages, you should be able to download FR-3.0.11 source code, and
use it (e.g. dpkg-checkbuilddeps, dpkg-buildpackage -b)

--
Fajar