installing freeradius error

Doug Berman dougberman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 23:28:12 CET 2016

Hello

There is an error towards the bottom.  I previously had an older version
which I installed.  Now I'm running into this.  Thank you!

/doug

doug at db-dell:/etc$ sudo apt-get install freeradius make

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

make is already the newest version.

The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:

  libfreeradius2

Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.

  freeradius-common freeradius-config freeradius-utils

Suggested packages:

  freeradius-ldap freeradius-postgresql freeradius-mysql freeradius-krb5
snmp

  freeradius freeradius-common freeradius-config freeradius-utils

0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 114 not upgraded.

Need to get 105 kB/2,069 kB of archives.

After this operation, 5,233 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

  freeradius-common freeradius-config freeradius freeradius-utils

Install these packages without verification? [y/N] y

Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/freeradius/stable-3.0/ubuntu/ trusty/main
freeradius-utils amd64 3.0.10-ppa2~trusty [105 kB]

Fetched 105 kB in 0s (144 kB/s)

dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:

 syntax error: unknown user 'freerad' in statoverride file