installing freeradius error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 26 00:04:44 CET 2016

On Feb 25, 2016, at 5:28 PM, Doug Berman <dougberman at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is an error towards the bottom.  I previously had an older version
> which I installed.  Now I'm running into this.  Thank you!

  It's largely a debian packaging problem.

  What are you trying to do?  Install FreeRADIUS as a debian package, or build it from source?

> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>
>  freeradius-common freeradius-config freeradius freeradius-utils
>
> Install these packages without verification? [y/N] y

  You've edited your debian configuration to use a non-standard package location.  If you know how to do that... you should be able to fix this issue yourself.

> Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/freeradius/stable-3.0/ubuntu/ trusty/main
> freeradius-utils amd64 3.0.10-ppa2~trusty [105 kB]
>
> Fetched 105 kB in 0s (144 kB/s)
>
> dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
>
> syntax error: unknown user 'freerad' in statoverride file

  The packages are broken.

  Delete them, and install the normal Debian packages.  Or, build FreeRADIUS from source.