installing freeradius error

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Feb 26 03:44:30 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 05:28:12PM -0500, Doug Berman wrote:
>> The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
>>
>>   libfreeradius2
>>
>> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
>
> Hmm. The above adds to my theory that it's to do with having bits
> of old packages around.

@Doug: https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable-3.0
specifically says

"
Freeradius 3.x configuration files are incompatible with 2.x. If you
have old 2.x packages installed, remove them first (e.g. BACKUP
/etc/freeradius somewhere safe, THEN run "apt-get purge libfreeradius2
freeradius-common; rm -rf /etc/freeradius")
"

Note "purge". That would ensure all config files from previous
versions are removed. Your best bet right now would probably be to
purge all freeradius-related packages (both v2 and v3), remove
/etc/freeradius (just to be safe. You DO have backup of the previous
config?), and then reinstall FR-3 packages.

Also, how are you using the ppa? If you use "add-apt-repository
ppa:freeradius/stable-3.0" and "apt-get update", there should be no
"WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated" message.

--
Fajar