installing freeradius error

Doug Berman dougberman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 15:38:48 CET 2016

I edited statoverride and removed the freerad entry

I ran apt-get purge freeradius as well as apt-get purge libfreeradius2

I removed the directory /etc/freeradius

I ran add-apt-repository ppa:freeradius/stable-3.0

I ran apt-get update

Now, I'm getting the below error messages.

any ideas?  many thanks for helping me.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y

Selecting previously unselected package freeradius.

(Reading database ... 210437 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../freeradius_3.0.10-ppa2~trusty_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking freeradius (3.0.10-ppa2~trusty) ...

Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...

Setting up freeradius (3.0.10-ppa2~trusty) ...

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/mods-config/files/pre-proxy does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/mods-config/files/accounting does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/mods-config/preprocess/huntgroups does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/mods-config/preprocess/hints does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/experimental.conf does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf
does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but /etc/freeradius/clients.conf
does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but /etc/freeradius/certs does
not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/sites-available does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but
/etc/freeradius/mods-config/attr_filter does not exist

dpkg-statoverride: warning: --update given but /etc/freeradius/policy.d
does not exist

ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default’:
No such file or directory

dpkg: error processing package freeradius (--configure):

Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...

 freeradius

doug at db-dell:/var/lib/dpkg$