3.0.11 Always escaping = and ,

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Mon Feb 29 10:45:39 CET 2016

I'm trying to set some request temporary variables that I can use further
down in the flow for lookups.

                update request {
                        RealmLookup := "ou=Realms"
                }
                ldap.nodeauth

But when it comes to do the lookup, the = and , get escaped so it makes an
invalid DN.

(0)       update request {
(0)         RealmLookup  := "ou=Realms,"
(0)       } # update request = noop
rlm_ldap (ldap.nodeauth): Reserved connection (0)
(0) ldap.nodeauth: EXPAND (cn=%{AuthCred})
(0) ldap.nodeauth:    --> (cn=m2m)
(0) ldap.nodeauth: EXPAND %{RealmLookup}ou=Proxy
(0) ldap.nodeauth:    --> ou\3dRealms\2cou=Proxy
(0) ldap.nodeauth: Performing search in "ou\3dRealms\2cou=Proxy" with
filter "(cn=m2m)", scope "sub"
(0) ldap.nodeauth: Waiting for search result...
(0) ldap.nodeauth: ERROR: Failed performing search: Invalid DN syntax

Any way to stop the xlat from expanding the value, I've tried unescape and
a number of different options without success?

Or will I need to just define multiple modules with different DNs of the
places I would like to search in the hierarchy.