Unmetered content

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Feb 29 15:05:32 CET 2016

On Feb 28, 2016, at 10:42 PM, Joshua Cameron <JoshuaC at ace.com.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to allow unmetered content over my network. Just shy of 1000 users.
>
> I'm looking to use freeradius for this, and want to know if/how it's possible.

  FreeRADIUS can do anything if the NAS supplies the right data.

  i.e. does the NAS distinguish between the two content types, and put different attributes into a RADIUS packet?  Or, does the NAS have one session for metered content, and another independent session for unmetered content?

  If "yes" to either, it's possible.  If "no" to both, it's impossible.

  RADIUS is limited by the NAS capability.  Most NASes can't do much of anything. :(