Request logging mssing on Freeradius 2.1.12

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 6 17:29:06 CET 2016

On Jan 6, 2016, at 11:01 AM, Peter Hutchison <p.j.hutchison at hud.ac.uk> wrote:

> What option(s) need enabling to log freeradius requests for a new service in /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/servicename ?

  The main server logs go to the standard log destination.  This is the same for *all* virtual servers.

> I have files, auth_log, redutmp and pre_proxy_log and post_proxy_log options enabled.

  Those are modules.  They don't affect the main server log.

> No logs for the new service is being generated. Have I missed something?
>
> e.g. radius-servicename-2016-01-05.log in /var/log/freeradius folder.

  Where did you see the configuration option that would create files named like that?

  The server doesn't magically know what you want.  It behaves as documented in the configuration files.