Question on anonymous identity

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jan 11 08:59:16 CET 2016

Hi,

> Windows Phone (8.1): It's so often-seen one, but it exists. Configuring
> an anonymous identity or CA/common names in the UI on a real Windows
> Phone I've had my hands on: Not available on the UI, same as with iOS.
>
> In contrast to Apple's way I haven't found a compareable documentation
> how a config file woud look like, but only how it can be provisioned via
> MS System Center products... (maybe I'm wrong here, so bare with me)

As much as I know, the config format is pretty much identical to the
Windows Desktop versions:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms706965%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

But the catch here is that the config file will only be *accepted* by
the phone when the device is actually in MDM managed mode. I.e. "just"
sending the config file to an unmanaged device will make it do nothing :-(

That situation may have changed recently... I'd be very happy to be told
I'm wrong :-) eduroam CAT and https://802.1x-config.org could be
equipped with a matching module in no time...

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER