Multiple FreeRadius servers with one PostgreSQL backend

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 22 20:59:45 CET 2016

On Jan 22, 2016, at 2:55 PM, Ruslan Kalakutsky <r.kalakutsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there other failover schema with horizontal scalability you could
> advise? Because I do not find anything at documentation or wiki.

  These systems aren't trivial to build.  It requires a deep understanding of both the use-case (i.e. your needs and traffic), the protocols, and the software.  There is just no way to say "do X and it will work".

> I really appreciate your help. But it is still absolutely unclear for
> me that I should see from SQL statements. It's usual SELECT and UPDATE
> clauses, while *real using* of the result is the *internal*
> application logic. And it is that I ask about.

  Once the data is in the application, there is no deadlock problem between multiple applications.

  Again, the entire *point* of the database is to track shared state.

  I asked (and answered) a few key questions in my previous message.  You clearly don't see why the questions or answers are relevant.  Which means you're not clear on how databases work.

  That won't end well.

  There isn't much more I can do here.  Good luck.