Check LDAP password with SHA512

Will W. will at damagesinc.net
Thu Jan 28 06:42:35 CET 2016

I just cloned freeradius from the github and I was able to build and install it.
running freeradius -X I have been getting errors with the random_file

rlm_ldap (ldap) - Opening additional connection (0), 1 of 32 pending slots used
rlm_ldap (ldap) - Connecting to ldap://ldap.myhost.com:389
rlm_ldap (ldap) - Failed setting connection option random_file: Unknown error
rlm_ldap (ldap) - Opening connection failed (0)
rlm_ldap (ldap) - Removing connection pool
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/ldap[8]: Instantiation failed for module "ldap"
root at ns1:/etc/freeradius/certs/current#

running freeradius 3.1.0 on ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
Is there a way to increase the debug level or is there something I need to do in order to get the random_file = /dev/urandom to work properly?

Will