Check LDAP password with SHA512

Will W. will at damagesinc.net
Fri Jan 29 01:27:27 CET 2016

Ok, I just built 3.1.0 to reproduce the error for /dev/random
 tls {
    ca_file = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/current/rootCA.pem"
    ca_path = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/current"
    certificate_file = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/current/radius.crt"
    private_key_file = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/current/radius.key"
    random_file = "/dev/random"
Configuration file /dev/random is globally writable.  Refusing to start due
to insecure configuration.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap[8]: Invalid configuration for module
"ldap"

so what I gather about the last few e-mail was that I should not change the
permissions on things in the /dev folder.

is there a fix for this?

Will