Connect problem

Henrik Kressner kressner at synkro.dk
Fri Jul 1 14:53:59 CEST 2016

On 01-07-2016 14:12, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2016, at 8:08 AM, Henrik Kressner <kressner at synkro.dk> wrote:
>> I believe I did just that in the file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
>    Is that the right file to edit?  Maybe you've installed multiple versions of the server.

Not at the same time. I cleaned totally before I installed from source.

>    And did you add the sample entry to the TOP of the "users" file?

No, I followed the comments in the users file, and removed the # as I
showed.

Now I commentet it out again, and put it in the top of the user file, no
change.

The user file is now exactly as when it came.

Thanks to Buxey, yes, I did restart.

>    And did you READ the debug output?  It shows which entry in the "users" file was matched.  Did you CHECK that it matched the entry you want it to match?

What do you mean by entry, I can't find an explanaition, but the term is
used a lot.

Is this a entry ?

(53) server inner-tunnel

>> And it works both on the server and on the NAS with radtest ?
>    Then you probably edited the default configuration and broke it.  Don't do that.

I did'nt do anything that was not explecitly describes in the howto:

BUT the howto and the comments in the files, are not all in consensus
with each other.

>    Honestly, all of the information you need to solve this problem is in front of you.  All you need to do is READ the debug output.
>
>    Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I just read 4 RFC's, and a lot of files, but I dont understand, thats
why I ask.

What does NT/LM-Password mean, and why does it tell me:

(53) mschap: WARNING: No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create
NT-Password
(53) mschap: WARNING: No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create
LM-Password

when the top of the users file say:

bob     Cleartext-Password := "hello"

#
#       Configuration file for the rlm_files module.
#       Please see rlm_files(5) manpage for more information.
#

As far as I can see, i tryed following the official howto, then I tryed
to follow the hints in the files, then I read this:
https://www.ossramblings.com/RADIUS-3.X-Server-on-Ubuntu-14.04-for-WIFI-Auth

There where some usefull info: " The "myserverkeypassword" above will
need to match the password you use when generating the server's keys later."

Then i deletet the old installation totally, read it all once again,
followed the howto, then the fileinfo.

And of course, I got good help from this list, but now I am stuck.