Contextual mapping of LDAP attributes

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.nz
Thu Jul 7 22:54:06 CEST 2016

On Jul 8, 2016 6:30 AM, "Enrico Polesel" <polesel at poisson.phc.unipi.it>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> maybe a bit off-topic, but another way to this would be to define
> nasType in the clients.conf file and then refer to it with
> %{client:nasType}. So something like this
>
> client something {
>        ipaddr = 1.2.3.4
>        secret = hereiam
>        nasType = xdsl
> }
> update {
>        reply:ERX-Virtual-Router-Name := "%{client:nasType}virtualrouter"
> }
>
> (of course this won't work if the same intermediate server proxies
> requests from different types of NAS)
>
> Cheers,
> Enrico

I use shortname and then Client-Shortname for exactly that.

I set my BNGs with two values "A_B" in client shortname then use unlang to
split the string and use them for various parts of logic. One reason is
"Environment_UniqueVal" so I can determine if it's production or another
environment. This way I have a single config raddb across all environments.
Release management is a case of taring the directory and dropping it onto a
new environment then doing a -XC to make sure it's ok and bouncing the
daemon.