FreeRadius logging for Eduroam

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 11:23:38 CEST 2016

Hi,

> We have a normal internal wireless network configured for AD authenticated users and we also use Eduroam.
> I am using a Linelog module to record logins and for Eduroam entries,, I would like it to log the eduroma name instead of the
> Switch the user it authenticated to

right

> e.g.
> Mon Jul 18 08:38:00 2016 : Auth : [U1234567 at hud.ac.uk] (from client roaming0.ja.net port 0 via TLS tunnel).
> Instead of
> Mon Jul 18 08:38:00 2016 : Auth : [U1234567 at hud.ac.uk] (from client qsa.n2k-mc01 port 0 via TLS tunnel).

umm, the only difference there is the NAS client name

and this doesnt look like linelog - this looks like the default FreeRADIUS log file (in terms of layout and format
- ie /var/log/radius/radius.log  or whereever your debian/ubuntu variant logs to/from.

yuor question seems to have a level of confusion with it...the former entry could appear if a user logged
in from a remote site (ie requests came from one of the national proxies). the later would be a local login...in which
case what do you currently see?

for custom logging, use line log module, ensure the strings contain the things you need and call it where needed in the
config as required. if you need several types of logging formats, use named modules eg

instead of

linelog {
stuff here
}

do

linelog internal-log {
stuff here
}

and call

internal-log in whichever virtual server you needed that to be called  (perhaps eg inner-tunnel post-auth section).

alan