external auth script

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 11:00:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

> I’ve done some research nearly the whole night.
> From my point of view I only need the authorize{} part. Here’s my entry in the default config file:
>
> authorize {
> 	    update control {
> 	        Auth-Type := exec
> 	    }
> }

urgh. no need. just call the module in authenticate.

> authenticate {
> 	exec
> }

if you are goign off-piste you need to hack in a lot more eg

 authenticate {
	Auth-Type exec {
       exec

I doubt that works though - you cant just go freestyle and make up your own syntax

> Why did I need to fill exec into the authenticate section too? I just want to use radius to send the username & password to my script and whole checking process is made by the script.

because you are checking passwords and authenticating someone. so you use authenticate

alan