external auth script

Janis Heller janis.heller at outlook.de
Sat Jul 23 17:54:47 CEST 2016

Sorry, I don’t want to be unreasonable. I understand offering FREE support is requiring some kind of sovereignty from the inquirer.

I’ve reread the part about authorization and authentication  again.
Here’s what I understand, first of all for my purpose I only would need to authorization "check“ of FreeRADIUS, since I don’t implement account roles or special user permissions (the script called by REST module will just accept or deny access for specified user login details).

As far as I understand the procedure the authorization “check“ is called first. As seen in the debug log this check returns success to radius (of course only for correct details, meaning the script I wrote is working fine). After the authorization check is successful the authentication check is called. For some reason this check is called, but I won’t need it to be called.

In the documentation I only find how to process requests now in the authentication check, but there’s no need for me to do so. Isn’t there an option to return from authorization check, so the authentication check won’t be triggered anymore, in case of success (meaning the authorization accepts the provided user login details)?

Regards from Frankfurt/Germany;

janis